• Manufactured in the United Kingdom
• ARTG# 113897
The Bailey Monofilament is an instrument used for testing peripheral neuropathy.
It does this by applying a specific force to a point on the skin to assess the sensitivity of
the skin at that point. The force applied is determined by the buckling load of the
monofilament, which is transferred to the point of contact.
The load applied to a monofilament may be increased until it buckles, after which a constant
force is transferred to the point of contact. The actual force applied is determined by the
length and the diameter of the monofilament and by the mechanical properties of the material.
• Retractable monofilament that slides inside handle to protect from damage when not in use
• Product is treated with Duraban anti-microbial protection
• Evaluator size: 5.07
• Target force (grams): 10
• Filament composition: Nylon
• Filament should be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol or similar.
Avoid chlorine-based disinfectants.